9.05.2008

Small update.

We registered for classes yesterday! On the day before, we gaijin students had to pull a lottery number out of a box... James had 33, I had...317. But I got two out of three of the classes I wanted to take. As for the third one, I'll try it next semester; assuming it's available. I should probably find that out. Fortunately I'm taking another course that same professor is offering, so I can just ask him.

Anyway, aside from two Japanese language courses, I'll be taking a Shinto class, Japan and Its World to 1860, and The Dynamics of Modern Japan. I met with the Shinto class professor yesterday morning and she was really, I mean REALLY awesome. I also want to take a course she'll be teaching next semester called Death In East Asian Thought.

Well, now that James and I have internet access on our own computers, we'll probably be updating here more frequently. But for now, I should head to the futon.

No comments: